Can golf carts be street legal? Golf carts are becoming more popular on the streets, and some people are wondering if they can be street legal. There are a few things to consider before making a decision.
- First, make sure your golf cart meets all the requirements of state law.
- Second, check with your local municipality to see if they have rules about golf carts on the street.
- Finally, be sure to follow all the safety guidelines that apply to driving any type of vehicle on the street.
What is a golf cart, and can they be street legal?
- The Law: Golf carts are considered vehicles, and as such must meet certain requirements in order to be legally operated on public streets.
- Requirements: A golf cart must have seating for at least two people, a motor that produces no more than 50 horsepower, and a top speed of no more than 30 mph.
- Approval: In some cases, approval from local government officials may be required before a golf cart can be used on the street.
Despite the requirements, many golf carts are still routinely operated on public streets in many parts of the world. While not always street legal, they are often used by people for leisure.